Virtual CampusKing's Virtual Campus FAQ's
The King's Virtual Campus is distance education with a difference. The program delivers the Australian curriculum for Prep to Year 6. The content is based upon the curriculum delivered to on-campus students at King's, but is adapted to suit an online, distance education environment.
Students will study via a combination of teacher-directed learning (via zoom), pre-recorded instructional video, preset work to complete at home with supervision by parents, and online tutorial sessions with the teacher.
On Campus Day
One day per fortnight, students will experience an on-campus day at the King's Pimpama Campus. This day also includes a program for parents, where they can connect with other King's Virtual Campus families.
For students, the on-campus day will start with Chapel, include Health & PE lessons and access to school facilities for Performing Arts, Visual Art, STEM, language and music lessons.
During the fortnightly, on-campus day, families will have access to the facilities at King's Pimpama.
- Music studios
- Art, drama and dance studios
- Outside sports oval and courts
- Chapel in the school auditorium
- Câfé where parents can meet up
If you are considering distance education at King's Virtual Campus for your child or would like further information, please contact our friendly Enrolments team on:
T: (07) 5587 7600
King's Virtual Campus:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the fees and other costs?
- The tuition fee is $500 per student per term
- You will need to supply an iPad, tablet or laptop. If you prefer, you can hire an iPad from the College (approx $350 pa)
- A stable internet connection capable of streaming video is essential
- Sports uniform for on-campus days and for live 'zoom' lessons
- Stationery and other consumable items.
How will a typical day work?
- Each day will begin with a 15-minute check-in and devotion from 8:45am - 9:00am
- Attendance rolls will be marked at the beginning of each school day
- Live teaching sessions begin at 9:00 am. The morning will be a combination of live 'zoom' sessions and preprepared video to explain content.
- After the live teaching sessions, students will be left with work to complete independently. Completed work will be returned to the teacher for ongoing assessment
- The teacher will be available for tutorial sessions
What will happen on the 'on-campus' day?
- Students will come onto the King's Pimpama campus on one day each fortnight.
- Students will use specialist facilities to study Music, Drama, Art, STEM, Health and PE and attend Chapel
- Students will attend classes with their Virtual Campus classmates
How is learning content delivered?
Content will be delivered via the King's learning management system, 'Compass'. To access this, each student will need an iPad / tablet / computer. Most content is delivered through a web browser. For some subjects, particular apps are necessary.
Can I use an IT device I already own?
You can use a device you already own. Each student will need their own device. Most content is delivered by a web browser. You will need a consistent internet connection that is capable of streaming video. If you use your own device, you may need to purchase / download specific apps.
What if I don't own a device?
The College can provide an iPad on loan for an additional fee of approx $350pa. This iPad will remain the property of the College and will be subject to a loan agreement between you and the College. It will come preloaded with all the apps required.
What if I miss a day or a morning teaching session?
Each session will be recorded so students can watch again if they need to, or catch up if they miss a session. The live sessions with the teacher are interactive. Missing a session will mean missing the opportunity to interact with the teacher.
Can students take part in extra-curricular activities?
Instrumental music lessons will be available before school. Students can sign up for before and after-school activities depending on availability and the requirements of the activity providers.
Will my child need to wear a uniform?
During 'on-campus' days and during live online teaching sessions, students will need to wear the College sports uniform. Information on College uniforms and the College uniform shop can be found by following this link.
Do I need to supervise my children?
A parent will need to be available during the live sessions in case there is an issue that the teacher needs to discuss. Parents will need to oversee independent work to ensure it is completed and submitted on time.
Can't Find an Answer to Your Question?