The Senior School comprises Years 10, 11 and 12. It is in this phase that the cognitive, physical, emotional and social skills acquired in Primary and Middle School are brought to maturity. This process enables students to become successful and productive Christian leaders/participants in the community through:
- engaging students in a rigorous academic program. While English and Mathematics remain compulsory core subjects, students select four other subjects to construct a six subject program, allowing them to tailor their academic experience to achieve their goals.
- providing extension subjects that allow students to study areas in more depth.
- providing opportunities to enter university courses for a semester in Years 11 and 12.
- providing opportunities for students to study courses other than those offered at school. These would include traineeships and certificate courses in Years 11 and 12.
- providing a career course in Year 10.
- providing the opportunity for students to receive a Certificate III in Christian Ministry that provides cognitive stimulation and the experience of practical work in the community.
King's is also advised by Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ).Senior School Subjects
In the Senior School, students will work with increasing independence and responsibility. Initiative, resilience and decision-making will become essential skills during this phase. Bringing these attributes to maturity and combining them with spiritual growth will prepare students for the future, whether that is in tertiary studies or in the workforce.Middle School
Trade Training Centre
Career Information Website