59 Year 12s Receive Nationally Recognised Qualifications
During our Semester 2 Senior Honours Assembly this week, we recognised our 59 Year 12 students who worked hard to complete VET Certificates while also maintaining their academic studies at King's. We offer students the opportunity to enrol in a range of nationally recognised courses, from Certificate II through to Diploma level. These qualifications equip students with job-ready skills in preparation to enter the workforce post-schooling. On average, a certificate course takes between 4-10 hours per week to complete and many also include practical work experience.
A Certificate course contributes to a senior student’s Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE):
- A Diploma contributes 8 credits and can be included in their ATAR calculation
- Certificate III & IV contribute 6 - 8 credits and can be included in their ATAR calculation
- Certificate II contributes 4 credits
*Note: students require 20 points to achieve a QCE2021 CERTIFICATES ACHEIVED
Thanks to the following businesses for hosting King's students:
Aurora Australian Retail College
Blue Stone Medical & Professional Training
Business Success Group
CIA Training Specialists
|Gold Coast Trade College
Health & Training College
Icon Training Academy
Recruit for Success
Sarina Russo Institute
TAFE Gold Coast Training Evolution
University for a Semester
Seven of our Year 12 students also completed a unit of a degree along with first-year university students. They experienced the rigour expected in a university course by committing about 10 hours a week on top of their school workload. The successful completion of these units gives students credit towards their degree in 2022.
This year King’s students completed:
- Bond - Student for a Semester - Contemporary Issues in Law and Society
- Southern Cross University - Headstart Program - The Australian Legal System
- Southern Cross University - Headstart Program - Biology
- University of Queensland - Enhanced Studies Program - Introduction to Philosophy
Cert III in Christian Ministry
Many Year 12 students will also graduate with a Certificate III in Christian Ministry. Every student from Years 10 - 12 is enrolled into this course and on successful completion receives 8 QCE points.
Many thanks to Mrs Jennie Lubbe and Miss Tanya Gillies for their tireless work in facilitating and supporting our students as they undertake these qualifications.