Car Park Safety
As our campus continues to grow, we ask for your continued cooperation in making the car park and driveways safe for all of our children and families. Please remember that the speed limit for driving within school grounds is 10km/h. Please take special care when driving through the car parks before and after school - looking out for pedestrians.
Morning Drop Off - Kiss and Go Zone:
Once your child feels settled into their morning routine and you no longer feel the need to walk them in, please make use of the Kiss and Go zone. This area is denoted by the yellow lines along the roadside, directly in front of our much loved lion statue. When using this drive through drop off zone, please stay with your car and limit your unloading time to two minutes. This will provide improved traffic flow for everyone on campus. This is NOT a parking area.
Morning Drop Off and Afternoon Pick up - Car Parking:
We currently have four designated parent and guardian car park areas. Three of these are accessed via the Pimpama-Jacobs Well Road entry,
- The ‘lower’ gravel car park
- The car park at the end of the driveway loop
- The car park adjacent to the Community Centre
This year we have also expanded the ‘top car park’, accessed via Great Sandy Circuit within the Gainsborough Greens development.
When parking in these areas we kindly ask that you take care to park in designated parking spaces only. When walking your children through the car park, we also ask that you use the footpaths and the marked and signed pedestrian crossings. It is vital for both driver and pedestrian safety that pedestrians ensure they use these footpaths and crossings whenever they are outside of the school gates.
Afternoon Pick Up - Collection Zone:
- In the afternoons, the ‘Kiss and Go Zone’ becomes the ‘Collection Zone’. This area is denoted by the yellow lines along the roadside, directly in front of our lion statue.
- Parents who wish to use this service need to collect a name card from the School Office to place on the left-hand sun visor of their vehicle. Please ensure this is then flipped down as you enter the Collection Zone to allow the duty teacher to clearly see the family name as your car approaches.
- When using the Collection Zone, please enter the yellow zone from behind the last car in the queue and wait in your vehicle, moving your vehicle forward as others exit the queue at the front of the line.
- Students should be aware that they are being collected via the Collection Zone, and are asked to wait at the Collection Zone gate until it is their turn to depart. We ask for your assistance in ensuring your children understand the importance of waiting in the correct location, as this avoids delays that may cause an inconvenience to other families.
- Once your vehicle approaches the front of the queue, a duty teacher will call students to meet your waiting vehicle. Again, your assistance in ensuring your children understand the importance of following this procedure allows us to make sure all road users and pedestrians remain safe at all times.
- If, for any reason, your child is not waiting in the Collection Zone when you reach the designated loading area, you will be asked to re-join the queue or park your car in a designated parking area, as a courtesy to other parents.
Thank you for your support in making the car park and driveways safe for all of our children.