King's Run Around Australia Challenge
Will your HOUSE be the first to do a lap of AUSTRALIA?
Commencing last Friday, 1 May, staff and students were given two weeks to join forces for their Houses, in an attempt to be the first House to complete a virtual lap of Australia. There's still time to get out and get moving, and increase your exercise KMs to get your House across the finish line first!
- Students/Staff contribute their run/walk/ride/swim/surf kilometres towards an accumulative kilometre total for their House.
- Students/Staff are recommended to use Strava (free and accurate app), Garmin, Run keeper, or an equilivlant fitness App, to record activities and distances.
- Totals must be recorded and saved to enable verification, when required.
- First House to make it around Australia, OR House with the highest accumulative KM at the end of Week 4 will be the winner.
- Students/Staff can go as far, and as many times as they wish, before 5pm Friday, May 15.
- Enter your results HERE after each activity.
- Result updates will be shared via COMPASS every few days.
- Use of a treadmill is permitted (take a picture, if no memory)
- Steps on smart watches DO NOT count.
- Must keep your results and be able to verify when requested.
- Use of motorised activities will not be permitted.
- Prizes for Winning House, PC, and year level.
- Stay safe - complete your activities with a family member or friend
- All houses will start in the Capital of Australia (Canberra)
Checkpoints as follows:
- Canberra to Sydney 286 KM
- Sydney to Melbourne 877 KM
- Melbourne to Hobart 719 KM
- Hobart to Adelaide 1437 KM
- Adelaide to Perth 2695 KM
- Perth to Katherine 3535 KM
- Katherine to Cairns 2042 KM
- Cairns to home (GC) 1758 KM
TOTAL Distance Goal 13,349km
Take your marks...
Register Your KMs