Welcome Back Prep, Year 1, Year 11 and 12 Students
King’s were thrilled to welcome back all students in Kindy, Prep, and Years 1, 11 and 12 this week, as part of the Queensland Government’s two-phased approach to reopening schools, following COVID-19 restrictions. The sound of cheerful chatter filled King’s junior classrooms and play spaces, and it was heartwarming to see our youngest students brimming with excitement and eager to be learning in their classes again, as they reconnected with their friends and teachers.
Some first week highlights from our Prep students:
- Getting to see our teachers because we love them - Grace
- Seeing the new hermit crabs in our classroom - Jack
- Playing with our friends because we missed them so much! - Seanna P
There was also a real sense of excitement around the High School precinct as students reconnected with their friends in person, after many weeks of learning off campus, due to COVID-19 restrictions. It was a refreshing taste of 'normality' as our Year 11s also returned in High School this week and we look forward to welcoming all year levels back to King's on Monday, 25 May.
Some first week highlights from our Year 12 students:
- I enjoyed seeing friends again and I appreciated the Maccas that we all enjoyed for lunch - James
- The first day back was really great, it was awesome to catch up with my friends and teachers again - Max
- It was great to be able to see all my friends again, and the assurance and support we got from all of our teachers was awesome! - Maria
- It was very refreshing, the reactions people had to seeing their friends after this period could be compared to when one's family member returns from war - Allan
- It was really good to see everyone again! - Shimila
- It was nice to be able to thank our teachers for all their hard work that they are doing - Cooper
- It was so refreshing being back at school learning from my teachers and it reminded me how blessed we are to be able to learn with our peers - Holly
- It was really helpful to be able to talk through some things with my teachers in person, and having Maccas was a fun surprise for the first day! - Meg
- It was so great to see everyone and to know that I was on track with my learning - Shanae
King's have extensive measures in place to protect the health of our College community. These include temperature checking every person who comes onto campus, distribution of hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the day, changes to drop off and pick up procedures, and the maintenance of physical distancing across campus. The College would like to thank families for their cooperation with helping to ensure these protocols are followed, to protect our students and staff.