COVID-19 Lockdown of Greater Brisbane Area
Tuesday, 30 April 2021
The Queensland Government has announced a three-day lockdown of the
Greater Brisbane area, ending 5 pm Thursday, 31 March.
- King's Reedy Creek and Pimpama campuses fall outside the lockdown area.
- King's Logan Village campus is within the lockdown area.
What does this mean for the College?
King's Logan Village Campus
- King's Early Learning and Primary School will be CLOSED from 5pm Monday, 29 March to the end of the Easter holidays
- A skeleton staff will be on-site Tuesday, 30 March and Wednesday, 31 March to supervise children of essential workers.
- Anyone (staff, parents, students, visitors) who has travelled to these locations listed on the Qld Govt website must not visit the school but follow QLD Health advice.
- At this stage, we anticipate that Vacation Care at KOSHC and King's Early Learning Centre will be open from Tuesday, 6 April.
- King's Logan Village bus service and the connection bus to Pimpama have been cancelled during the lockdown.
Reedy Creek and Pimpama Campuses
Open Wednesday, 31 March.
We received new advice today from the Education Dept and Qld Health regarding schools on the Gold Coast. School staff will be considered 'essential workers' and are able to attend work tomorrow for the last day of term. This includes staff who have visited Brisbane since March 20, provided they are well and have not been at one of the listed venues during the times indicated on the >Queensland Health Website.
This means that King's Pimpama and King's Reedy Creek will open on Wednesday, 31 March, for the last day of term, and students will be able to attend school. (Depending on the number of absences tomorrow, there may be some consolidation of classes.)
Please note: Students who have travelled to the Greater Brisbane area since March 20, are not exempt and should not attend school tomorrow.
King's buses will operate with the exception of the Logan Village to Pimpama bus. (Masks will not need to be worn on King's buses - although they are still a requirement on public transport)