Compass App Update & Changes to Absence Notifications
KING'S COMPASS APP UPDATE
A new version of King’s Compass app is now available. Please install this app update to ensure you have access to these important changes.
LOGGING INTO THE UPDATED APP
You will need to re-login to the updated app using your King's email address with the format email@example.com and the default password emailed to you by our IT department in September 2022 (search your emails for 'Compass Username and Password'). If your child has started at King's since September, please refer to the welcome email from IT which provides your password. If you still have trouble finding the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will send it to you ASAP.
The updated app includes enhanced notification options for student absences.
- NEW NOTIFICATION FORM - The absence notification button will now route parents to a page in Parent Portal to log an upcoming absence. This means that all absences will be recorded directly into our student database.
- FULL DAY ABSENCE - use the Compass app to notify the College by 8:30am on the day of the absence. Noah's Ark families can continue to use either Compass or the Xap app.
- LATE ARRIVAL - if a student arrives late to school without a prior explanation, their parent will receive a text requesting acknowledgement of the late arrival on the Compass app.
- EARLY DEPARTURE - parents can now use the Compass app to notify King's of an early departure. Parents can also still phone, email or notify the school in person. Students still need to be signed out from the Primary Office when they are collected early by a parent or nominated guardian.
2023 ATTENDANCE POLICY
Our College expects all students to attend every lesson, every day. We believe all facets of the school day contribute to the growth and development of each student. Learning is a sequential process, and absence from school often means that students miss important stages in the development of understanding. Promoting student engagement at school is the responsibility of all community members, and our College Attendance Policy outlines the roles and responsibilities of students, parents, teachers and the College.
Some highlights include:
- Attendance aim of 95% (every lesson, every day)
- Government regulations require attendance at school
- Increased communication between home and school regarding punctuality and attendance
- Absences of more than five days require a Notification of Planned Absence form
- Guidelines for attendance at sport training, sporting competitions and during assessments
- Procedures for late arrivals and early departures.
- Please read our College's 2023 Attendance Policy to ensure you are familiar with our attendance procedures and your obligations as a parent / guardian.