Year 10 are Set for Success
Throughout this term, Year 10 students have worked through the initial careers program in Set for Success lessons, designed to help them identify possible career interest areas. Students submitted their College Senior Education and Training Career Plan and King's now invite Year 10 parents to attend a meeting with their child and a senior teacher, to discuss their career planning process. This process is designed to support students’ pathway to QCE, as well as guiding them about how best to structure their learning in Years 11 and 12 around their abilities, interests and ambitions. Helping students to identify and plan effective career pathways is an integral part of our students’ transition from senior schooling to tertiary education and/or employment. Beyond the Set Plan process and interview, we would like to remind parents that at King’s we offer our students guidance with:
- Career counselling
- VET pathway advice and support
- Subject selection for senior study
- Tertiary pathways and course information
- QTAC and interstate/overseas university applications
- Careers expos
- Gap year opportunities
The Year 10 parent/ student/ teacher careers meetings will happen on Monday, 11 July 2022 from 8.20am - 3.00pm. This is a Student Free Day and students are encouraged to accompany their parents to the meeting. Bookings are now open and will close on Thursday 23 June.
- Access the Parent Portal via the Compass App (this is found at the bottom of the home screen).
- Once in the Parent Portal, select the Reedy Creek Year 10 Subject and Pathway Meeting 2022 link and make bookings with the relevant teachers.
- Please be aware that each interview duration is 20-minutes and there are limited spaces available.
You can log in and change bookings any time up until bookings close. Please notify the school office for assistance if you have any queries about the booking system. If the time you would like to book is not available, We will try to accommodate you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request your preferred time.