The Middle School comprises Years 7, 8 and 9. Great changes occur in a person’s life during these years and a dedicated Middle School provides a bridge from the primary school environment to the self-directed senior school environment.
Years 7 and 8 comprise a single two-year academic program. In addition to core subjects that are studied over the two years, students will also study a different ‘specialist’ subject each term. After two years of study, students will cover all of these subjects and will be able to choose those they wish to study in more detail in Year 9.
King's middle school students follow the Australian Curriculum, under the direction of the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA).
King's is also advised by Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ).
King’s Middle School seeks to provide an environment that:
- builds greater independence and responsibility
- prepares students by developing the specific academic skills required for success in senior studies
- enhances social skills for positive community involvement
- instills moral and ethical values that lay the foundations for strong character
Beyond the classroom
In addition to an engaging academic program, students actively participate in:
- co-curricular activities;
- lunch time house competitions;
- annual year level camps;
- annual performing arts productions;
- community service;
- personal development opportunities.